Green / Sustainable Business
Ecolink is committed to changing the world, starting with your industrial chemicals. We keep score and measure success by amount of aerosols, cans and gallons/pounds saved annually and committed to zero waste [no burning, no burying].
A mission-driven small business, Ecolink ascribes to the notion that education can lead to environmental conservation. Early on, Ecolink partnered with progressive environmental groups invested in developing young environmental leaders and donated a percentage of sales to fund scholarships. Company owners have personal relationship with The Nature Conservancy and donated a percentage of profits. Over time, this has evolved into classroom partnership throughout State of Georgia for business and marketing programs. During a 5-year span, Ecolink volunteered more than 2,000 hours and were recognized by the Association for Career and Technical Education.
During company’s 25-year anniversary in October 2016, Ecolink invested $25,000+ and partnered with Georgia high school marketing programs for a creative 5-week social media campaign. The results from this campaign include:
- All-time record revenue, website and social media traffic (impressive considering site traffic had almost tripled in 3 previous years)
- 6 marketing awards including a red carpet event attended by VIP teachers and students, http://www.marketing.org/content/show/id/b2-2017-winners-B and http://www.amyawardsatl.com/2017finalists.html (including first ever people’s choice award presented during event)
- 2 radio interviews: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/southeastgreen/2017/05/04/ecolink-creating-sustainability-by-using-less-and-supporting-more and http://atlantabusinessradio.businessradiox.com/2017/04/11/small-business-rock-stars/.
- 90-minute keynote “deep think” session at https://www.mbaresearch.org/index.php/professional-development/conclave
- Workshop during July 2018 at http://gacte.org/2016-gacte-summer-leadership-conference/
Annually, Ecolink pays a minimum 8 hours/year/employee for volunteering. Over the years this has included food banks, blood drives, bicycle rides to state capitol, homeless shelters, nurse and teacher fundraisers, trash cleanups. The office supports recycling on-site: batteries, plastic, aluminum, paper, cardboard, mixed metals, pallets and designs products to minimize air, water (fillers). Lean & green every day.